3 Days a Week AM – Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30-11:30
$280.00/month + $60.00 Registration Fee
Most students have already completed a year of preschool (if not, that’s okay too) and have already learned how to navigate and behave in the classroom. The second year of preschool is designed to help prepare students for kindergarten and the higher expectations that elementary schools hold. Students will be encouraged to use their sharing skills, and learn the appropriate responses to conflict. Our preschool program is a mixture of free play times and structured elements, which allow students the time to use their imaginations and play, but also asks them to follow rules and directions. This program tackles many different academic goals in order to ensure students are constantly learning and building on prior knowledge.
Students will begin to develop their writing (printing) skills, pre-reading, pre-math and science skills. An introduction to these areas helps to build the foundations for stronger skills as they continue through their educational journey.
We ask that all students be Toilet trained. We understand that accidents may happen every now and then, but if it is continual, parents will be called to change their child before the child can continue with any activities. NO Pull ups please.
- Music (songs, rhythm, monthly visits from Mr. Rayz our resident musician)
- Art (Exploration of different materials and mediums, fine motor development)
- Dramatic play (centres, thematic play areas, performance/public speaking skills)
- Creative Movement (shake breaks, mindfulness breaks, gross motor skill development)
- Science skills (experiments, discovery, real science tools)
- Literacy skills (Letter of the week, letter sounds, how to build each letter, sight words)
- Writing skills (Printing names, colouring, writing numbers)
- Numeracy skills (Counting, number recognition, patterns, )
- Social skills (sharing, communicating, taking turns, building relationships)
- Puzzles (problem solving, fine motor development)
- Manners (please and thank you, classroom etiquette)
- Listening skills (following directions and the rules)
- Increased independence (age appropriate expectations and demands)
- Thinking skills (creative and critical)
- Field trips
- Outdoor activities (dependant on weather)
- Special celebrations (Welcome BBQ, Winter Concert, Graduation)
- Progress reports and optional parent/teacher interviews
- Handwriting Without Tears early literacy program
- Mr. Rayz Music Program
- Special guests (professionals from the community)
- We are fully licensed by the Alberta Government
- Our teachers are trained in Early Childhood Education or hold Bachelor of Education Degrees, First Aid and CPR
- We are locally owned and operated
- Government Subsidy is available for qualifying families
- Open door policy (Parents are always welcome to volunteer)
Still not sure about preschool for your child? Check out this article from greatschools.org.